here's a quick, delicious and easy raw vegan recipe for you all - i've made a big batch of this today, for lunches for the week, and i wanted to share it with you because it really was SO simple to do, and ridiculously tasty and nutritious. it's the sort of recipe we can all do with having in our recipe folder...
kelp noodles with ginger miso dressing
1 package of kelp noodles, rinsed in warm water and drained
1 medium carrot, shaved into thin slices
1 chunk of cucumber, cut into fine slices
4-5 white mushrooms, cut into fine slices
a handful of fresh salad leaves
a handful of cashew nuts
for the dressing:
1 Tbsp miso paste
1 dsp naturally sweetened apricot jam
1 dsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp warm water
1 thumb of fresh ginger, grated finely
1. start my mixing together the dressing ingredients. taste and check that you like the flavour, adjust according to your preferences, eg. more sweet add more jam, more salty add more soy.
2. add the other ingredients into a bowl and combine with the dressing (best done using your hands).
3. serve immediately, or store in containers for lunches.
- i got my kelp noodles from Detox Your World online, but you might be able to get them at you local health food store...
- i used organic barley miso from my local veg store - it's the Clearspring brand.
- i use St Dalfour jams at home, as these are naturally sweetened, and come in so many yummy flavours. you could substitute the apricot jam for any other sweetener - maple syrup, honey, coconut nectar, etc.
- feel free to change up the veggies you add to this recipe, but i do highly recommend the mushrooms, as they go so beautifully with the dressing.
so there you have it... a delicious raw vegan salad, very quick to do and perfect for lunchboxes! let me know if you give it a try and how you found it.
currently watching: gilmore girls - loving watching this series for the first time! the mum and daughter relationship reminds me so much of my friendship with my own incredible mum.