this one is easy to whip up, and the recipe makes 3 perfect hotcakes. these are gluten, wheat and sugar free too, so perfect for those low-carb/low-gi readers out there! they take about 10-15 minutes to make.
♥ delicious topped with tahini and a drizzle of maple syrup
apple and raisin hotcakes
makes 3 hotcakes, serves 1
1 small egg
1 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp milk (soya, hemp, almond)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 apple, diced finely
1 dsp raisins
tahini and maple syrup, to serve (optional)
1. in a mixing jug, using a fork, whip together the egg, flour, milk, cinnamon and baking powder until smooth.
2. stir in the apple and raisins.
3. add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to a medium-hot frying pan, making sure that there is only a single layer of apple.
4. fry gently on one side for a few minutes until you can easily flip them, and continue to cook on the other side until golden brown and cooked through.
5. serve immediately topped with tahini and maple syrup.
- these would work beautifully topped with homemade raspberry puree or whipped coconut cream.
- you could also add in a little fresh thyme, for a little twist.
i hope you enjoy trying these out! it's such a lovely go-to recipe for a special occasion, or when you want to indulge a little but still be healthy.
thanks for reading - have a lovely day :)
currently listening to: fall out boy - we're going to see them this weekend!