the courgette spaghetti or noodles are cut with a simple cheap julienne slicer (not a spiraliser) that my mum bought me for Christmas (awesome present!), and it takes about 2 minutes to slice a whole courgette...
♥ this particular slicer is available from Amazon (see here) - just be careful when you're using it, as it's very sharp...
♥ mixed in with my favourite pesto (Sainsbury's Taste the Difference is the only one made with the proper ingredients, including actual olive oil), it's so yummy. although i'm keen to hear other flavours that people have tried with their courgette spaghetti? obviously a raw tomato sauce would be divine.
courgette spaghetti with pesto
1 medium courgette/zucchini
1 dsp pesto
freshly ground black pepper
1. wash and dry your courgettes.
2. use a julienne peeler or spiraliser to make your courgette noodles.
3. mix in the pesto and black pepper to taste.
- served fresh this has the best texture, but can also be made in advance for lunch the following day, and it won't lose much water or shape.
- you could also blanch these in very hot water to serve this as a hot dish.
- serve with fresh salad greens and sprinkle with extra pine nuts and dried berries.
♥ i added houmous, salad greens and sliced red pepper on the side, and stirred in a few barberries for texture...
♥ perfect for lunch at my desk, although eating spaghetti is always a pretty messy affair!, this time with walnuts and tomatoes too.
thanks for reading! do let me know if you try this out, or if you have suggestions for other sauces...