Thursday, 15 March 2012

pesto tomato omelette and a heathcliffe brownie

hello everyone! i am now officially a full time working girl - and i'm loving it :)

on monday, my first 9-5 day, i learnt the ropes of my new company, and since then it's been non-stop learning the new systems. i really look forward to going back in every single day, and even though it's a forty minute commute by car both ways, it's totally worth it. i feel very blessed.

i've taken my lunches in every single day, in my new easy lunchboxes (thanks to Jana on my facebook for that one!) - which is so much fun, and i'm loving finding creative healthy things to put in them... i'm sure i'll come up with some awesome combos. i've taken photos each day with my iphone, so keep your eyes peeled for a weekly download of my lunchtime food!

anyways, enough gushing about my job (ps. did i also tell you i get my own desk, a telephone headset, skype screenshare and photoshop to play with?! awesome!)... now onto tasty food i used to eat whilst i was self-employed:

egg white pesto tomato omelette - so legendary i ate it two consecutive days until i ran out of pesto.


this is such a simple recipe, but one that i absolutely adore, and it's perfect for using up the whites after making homemade dairy free custard :)


egg white pesto tomato omelette recipe

1tsp coconut oil
2 egg whites
1 tomato, sliced
1tsp pesto
cracked black pepper
a sprinkle of dried dill
a slice of sourdough rye bread
a little mayo

1. melt the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan, and then when it reaches a medium heat, place in the tomato slices evenly.
2. flip the tomato over after a couple of minutes.
3. whisk the egg whites in a jug or mug, until frothy.
4. after a couple of minutes, pour the egg whites over the frying tomatoes. after 30 seconds or so, spoon the pesto over the top, and sprinkle over the pepper and dill.
5. turn to a lower temperature and cook for a further few minutes until cooked through. flip and cook on the reverse, if required.
6. toast the rye bread slightly, and spread with the mayo. then cover with the omelette and enjoy with a cup of hot green tea.


brown rice and butternut squash, with carrots, cabbage and chicken with soy sauce and spring onions. an epic lunchtime. and is it just me or does eating with chopsticks make everything taste better?


a honeybuns heathcliffe brownie - everyone i know professes that these are the ultimate brownie - and they just so happen to be gluten free too... happy days!


aubergine broccoli stir fry with a corn tortilla. there's something so beautiful about this sort of meal - simple, honest, rustic, and very very delicious.


so, how have you all been? it's going to take a while for me to get fully into routine with this job, and make sure i fit blogging in too - it's one of my favorite things to do, and i love that you all encourage me to be creative. any ideas on delicious lunchbox recipes, or resources?

currently listening to: alone again by alyssa reid

ps. can't believe how many of my healthy breakfast recipes books have sold this month on amazon already - thanks lovely people for buying a copy!

3 comments:

  1. So glad your enjoying your job! Congrats on the book sales too that must be very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to your new job, that's fantastic news!! I have kelp noodles in a peanut sauce with veggies and Quorn for lunch today and I can't wait to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome omelet creation! I just had an omelet with my lunch and it was delicious. :)

    Thats so awesome that everything is going well with your job! Enjoy your Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.