Saturday, 3 March 2012

baked vanilla barley and a sunny stroll by the sea

happy weekend everyone! i hope you are anticipating a great couple of days ahead...

this week has flown past in a glorious whirl of fun and laughter with my sister in law and little niece, Juliet. i went down to Devon to spend a couple of days with them - relaxing together, chatting about life and eating some really good food too.

i've been spending my days recently taking full advantage of being able to do things in the middle of the day - like meeting up with friends for a cup of tea, having people for lunch or going up to the allotment in the morning. it's divine. and i am enjoying every last second.

i am also very excited about my new job... and though i've still not yet decided on a lunchbox, i do eagerly await my very first day! i've been concocting delicious lunch treats and combos to take with me each day, and i can't wait to share them with you :)

anyways, onto my latest eats and treats:

baked barley porridge with almond milk - maria's recipe has become a household staple.


everyone seems to love it loads... especially Jonny, and particularly with some sliced banana alongside it.


mushroom scramble with cheese on rye crispbread, tomato and sliced cucumber. totally scandinavian, and totally delicious.


meatball pizza on a chickpea crust - anything on a chickpea pizza base tastes awesome. so easy to do, and so much better for you. happy days.


i forgot to share with you all my burns night dinner back in february - i discovered it on my iphone and thought i ought to share... haggis, 'neeps' (turnips/swede), potato, and buttered leeks. my scottish friend sarah did us proud - it was delectable.


the beautiful sun last weekend made me want to walk everywhere! it was gorgeous, and so me and Pete had a stroll by the boats after church.


i truly hope you are all well and smiling and happy. and that you have a fantastic weekend, whatever you may be doing.

currently watching: dara dubinet on youtube - she's got a lot of interesting nutrition ideas, and is such a great role model for living a healthier lifestyle. if you need a little encouragement, then totally check out her channel.

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious, I especially like the sound of a chickpea base pizza - never come across them before but I'm eager to try them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good weekend too. The weather has been fab hasn't it. Great eats as always, vanilla barley sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious breakfast idea sounds so good! Hope you had a fun weekend x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm. I love new weekend breakfast ideas. Everything looks d'lish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time at the moment, making the most of your free time before you start the new job. Exciting times are ahead!
    Where did you go in Devon? The sea view is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baked barley porridge looks amazing! I'll have to give it a try. I still haven't had a go at the chickpea pizza base, but maybe for dinner tonight :)
    www.courtneysnook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything here looks fantastic, I want to have you come and cook for me! How do you make your mushroom scramble? It looks delish! I'm looking forward to seeing what lunch concoctions you come up with, I might have to steal a few ideas :)

    Looks and sounds like you've had a lovely weekend, it's been marvelous weather here which I've very much enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.