♥ a perfect gift for your favorite person!
vanilla honey cut-out cookies recipe
sugar free and gluten free, makes 20-24, inspired by recipes to nourish
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour (mix of buckwheat and brown rice flour)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch baking soda
1. preheat oven to 180c.
2. cream together the honey, vanilla and butter in a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand whisk or food processor.
3. stir in the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
4. using your hands, form into a ball, adding more flour if necessary.
5. place in the fridge to chill for 30 mins, if you have the time.
6. roll out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, until about 1/4 cm thick.
7. cut out with your favorite cookie cutter. place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
8. bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until starting to go golden around the edges.
9. remove from the oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then lift carefully from the paper and move to a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
10. enjoy with a cup of tea, or wrap in a pretty bag tied up with ribbon to give to someone special!
cook's notes: you can omit the cinnamon, salt and soda if you choose. or replace the cinnamon with your favorite spice, like nutmeg, clove, caraway or ginger. feel free to use your favorite flour in this recipe, ground oats or barley would work well.
♥ perfect with a cup of tea!
so, do enjoy, and please tell me what you think!
currently watching: raymond blanc - the very hungry frenchman, a brilliant BBC programme, that makes me want to go to france and cook...