Wednesday, 15 February 2012

snow walks and chickpea aubergine curry

good afternoon lovely people. i hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday - celebrating love and good friends. it was my first v-day with a man in my life, and he did an excellent job of spoiling me - i had beautiful roses and a lovely italian meal out :)

food lately has been very experimental - throwing all sorts of ingredients together to see what may or may not work. i kind of like it that way, because i discover all sorts of amazing flavour combinations.

i've also been compiling the second edition of my healthy breakfast recipes book! i've been printing off and testing out new breakfasts, and improving on much loved family classics. so stay tuned for that!

anyways, onto my latest eats and treats:

snowy walks with the dog - i love the snow, especially when it remains on the dog walking paths, but melts from the roads... convenient and pretty.


french toast with yogurt, apple sauce and honey. one of the most used pages from my book!


my first desktop lunch salad in a while. cucumber, tomato, mushroom, bacon, broccoli, broad beans, dill, nutritional yeast, red wine vinegar, olive oil and black pepper. YUM.


chickpea and roast aubergine curry with homemade brown rice flatbreads. this was an experiment, which worked out pretty nicely - definitely room for improvement, but not bad at all. roast aubergine is divine.


the last slice of butter bean vanilla cake - juliet's birthday cake with dark chocolate ganache frosting. seriously, cakes with beans in are awesome!


this was my second go at this recipe, and i accidentally put too much coconut flour in... which is why it's far denser than my last butter bean cake. but still delicious enough that all the party guests polished off their slices :)

thanks jenn for once again hosting a delicious WIAW!


yesterday was quite epic too, because i received a call offering me a new job! last week i mentioned some exciting news... and now i can say - i'm going to be a full time online marketing assistant for a very brilliant kitchen & garden company. it's the most interesting and perfect job i applied for, and i'm so blessed to have been offered it :)

so, life is pretty exciting at the moment! i'm very excited about the delicious food this new role will lead to - some yummy lunchboxes for sure, and some very intriguing breakfasts no doubt...

there's quite a lot to sort out before my start date - so i'll be busy busy until the middle of march. i'll also take every opportunity to enjoy the last bit of self-employed living - staying in my pj's all morning, meeting friends for coffee, visiting family on weekdays, having lie-ins, cooking in the afternoons, allotmenting, going on long dog walks, finishing up my book, relaxing by the fire in the middle of the day... good times.

how did you spend your Valentine's day? do you like snow? what's your favorite work lunch?

currently listening to: love you so by delilah

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job that's awesome! I love aubergine and chickpeas in a curry, I made one with roasted aubergines, cauliflower and tomatoes once which was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that cake. It looks so light yet dense at the same time (if that is possible).
    your breakfast picture looks like something that makes me want to curl up in front of a fire.
    wow new job and new book- that's wonderful! I'll have to check out your recipes now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job - that's wonderful! Enjoy your last few free days!

    We had a big day of red & pink & hearts with my munchkins. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo that cake looks amazing!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummi, yummi, yummi!
    This is the first time I visit your blog.
    But I will anyway compliment you for your beautiful pictures.
    Such an inspring blog ;)

    Have a nice day
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic news about the job! Congratulations! It sounds like a very interesting job :)
    Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :) We had to postpone the romance as I had a 4 hour study class on Tuesday evening, but we're planning to go to a spa hotel next Fri to make up for it :) I did get a beautiful home-made, paint sprayed card from M and the Lana Del Rey CD, so I did feel very loved :)
    All your eats look beautiful! I love the sound of that butter bean cake. I wonder if it can be veganised?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great news about the job! congrats! i just made a moussaka of aubergine, tomato and cashew cheese. it was a mess and looked a bit like your curry. love aubergine curries!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your new job, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.