today i would like to share another of my favorite recipes from my healthy breakfast recipe cookbook - these banana oat drop scones are easy to make, very delicious and quick too.
♥ with greek yoghurt, homemade jam and a little sliced banana, this is basically brunch perfection.
♥ and a cup of green tea on the side never goes amiss...
banana oat drop scones
3/4 cup (180ml) milk
1Tbsp coconut oil
1-2tsp maple syrup
1 cup (120g) oats
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. blend together the milk, egg, oil, banana and maple syrup in a food processor, or using a hand blender, until smooth.
2. add the dry ingredients to the wet, and blend again. leave overnight, or for at least 15 minutes, until thickened.
3. heat up a frying pan (use a little coconut oil if you don't have a non-stick pan) to a medium temperature.
4. pour tablespoonfuls into the pan, and cook for a few minutes on either side, until golden.
5. serve with yoghurt, homemade jam and fresh fruit.
thanks to everyone that's already bought a copy of my healthy breakfast recipes book - it's been super downloaded on Kindle, which is a fantastic surprise, and it's been reviewed so well by lots of different people, some of which i wanted to share with you (because it's too exciting not to!):
- jen of simply breakfast made my coconut loaf recipe, and said of the book "It's the perfect cookbook for me-- there are a lot of different options, including sweet and savory."
- the amazing vegetarian cookbook writer, rose elliot, said "It’s inspiring, original, practical and full of tempting recipes. It makes me feel very hungry just reading it!"
- salisbury life magazine even printed a little feature about it! (and i'm now sat on several dentist chairs and opticians coffee tables) -
if you still haven't picked up a copy, you can find it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, The Book Depository, Better World Books or uRead...
currently listening to: pumped up kicks by foster the people (awesome tune!)