today, i want to share with you a delicious recipe from my new breakfast cookbook, Healthy Breakfast Recipes - these coconut pancakes are made with dessicated coconut, and are very easy, cheap and quick to make and enjoy in the morning.
here's a quick video showing you exactly how to make them - full recipe and photos below:
coconut pancakes recipe
1/2 cup (50g) ground dessicated coconut
1 tsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp milk
a pinch of salt
1. mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a fork.
2. leave to rest for 30 minutes, or keep overnight in the fridge.
3. heat a frying pan to a medium temperature, and add in a little coconut oil or butter (if it's nonstick, skip this)
4. once hot, add in spoonfuls of the mixture and wait about 2 minutes before flipping over, cook until golden both sides.
5. serve hot, with a little homemade jam and a dash of coconut cream or applesauce.
cooks notes: if the mixture seems a little too thick, add in a little more milk to bring it too the consistency of whipped mashed potatoes. this depends on the size of your egg and the type of dessicated coconut you use.
♥ i ate all of mine pretty quickly...
what's your favorite pancake recipe? do you use dessicated coconut in your cooking?
currently loving: painting a fleur de lis pattern on this year's Christmas teatowels - it's a very pretty design i think :)