Sunday, 29 May 2011

lemon pepper fennel with raw broccoli salad

hey everyone! hope your day is going brilliantly so far :)

today i want to tell you the wonders of fennel! i actually have never really been a big fan of liqorice flavour, but fennel somehow is wonderful, especially when roasted...

and fennel is just so beautiful, isn't it?


quarter the fennel lengthways and roast in a foil wrap with some lemon rind, pepper, salt and olive oil - enjoy!


serve with a raw broccoli salad (marinated in olive oil, with tomato, spinach and gherkin) - i also love the texture of the cooked fennel, it's kind of soft yet with a little bite.


do you like fennel? how do you like to cook or serve it?

currently loving: city life eats lunchboxes - i actually cannot get enough of them!!

5 comments:

  1. I love fennel any which way its delicious! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fennel, it's such a great ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really haven't tried much fennel, yours looks really good though! I just came across your blog and can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fennel just sliced up raw into salads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tired fennel but never actually tried doing anything with it myself - yours looks great! Just found your blog - i'll be back for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.