♥ chestnut puree chocolate pancakes - sounds posh, doesn't it?
chestnut chocolate pancakes recipe
1 cup chestnut puree
1/2 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tbsp honey
1 heaped dsp cocoa
2 whisked egg whites
1. combine the chestnut puree with the milk and egg yolks until smooth.
2. sift in the flour, baking powder, honey and cocoa, and combine until all the lumps are gone.
3. gently fold in the whisked egg whites.
4. melt butter or coconut oil in a non-stick pan.
5. when it sizzles, add in spoonfuls of batter. when they are cooked around the edges, flip carefully for a few seconds on the other side.
i like making mid-size pancakes with this mix - they look beautiful stacked with cream and banana on top. you could also add some nutella, jam or honey on top. or even sprinkle on dark chocolate drops once you have ladled the mix into the frying pan or skillet.
oh, chestnut and chocolate are just made for each other!
i will be making these again tomorrow with the other half of the tin of chestnut...i can't wait ♥
currently listening to: unchained melody (now that's reminiscent!)