Tuesday, 15 March 2011

chocolate chestnut pancakes

here's a quick recipe for you all to enjoy! and i know you will - do you know how i know? my brother's girlfriend asked for more of them :) , she never asks for more...

chestnut puree chocolate pancakes - sounds posh, doesn't it?


chestnut chocolate pancakes recipe
ingredients:
1 cup chestnut puree
1/2 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tbsp honey
1 heaped dsp cocoa
2 whisked egg whites

1. combine the chestnut puree with the milk and egg yolks until smooth.
2. sift in the flour, baking powder, honey and cocoa, and combine until all the lumps are gone.
3. gently fold in the whisked egg whites.
4. melt butter or coconut oil in a non-stick pan.
5. when it sizzles, add in spoonfuls of batter. when they are cooked around the edges, flip carefully for a few seconds on the other side.

i like making mid-size pancakes with this mix - they look beautiful stacked with cream and banana on top. you could also add some nutella, jam or honey on top. or even sprinkle on dark chocolate drops once you have ladled the mix into the frying pan or skillet.

oh, chestnut and chocolate are just made for each other!

i will be making these again tomorrow with the other half of the tin of chestnut...i can't wait 

currently listening to: unchained melody (now that's reminiscent!)

4 comments:

  1. I love chestnuts, so these sound amazing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've GOT to try this! They look soooo good! I love Nutella and Pancakes, so a healthier option sounds great to me :-) Also looking forward to the choc hazelnut biscuits recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooo yes please x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some chestnut puree I was wondering what to do with... and now I know it's begging to be made into these - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.