Tuesday, 12 October 2010

an afternoon at the seaside

thanks for your lovely comments on my last post about my mission to create eighty gingerbread men wedding favors! it really was a special opportunity. and i forgot to tell you all that the cookie dough is insanely delicious when you make that recipe...i couldn't help myself!

a while back i went off to Bridport with my mum for an afternoon trip - i absolutely love it there...it's where my grandparents used to live. it was a wonderful day out, taking in lots of sea air and exploring the cute little bakeries and shops.

♥ the day started perfectly with a huge breakfast of buckwheat porridge with total greek yogurt and fresh strawberries, followed by a boiled egg with dipping soldiers


for lunch, just before we left we enjoyed buffalo mozzarella with oven dried tomatoes and fresh parsley on wholegrain toast with a side of samphire


bridport is a fishing town, and it's little harbour is really special


the day was beautiful, and there's nothing quite as evocative as a windy day by the sea with sand in between your toes and the smell of fish being fried


then i made pytt i panna with salad and dill yogurt dressing when we got home for dinner -scrum-diddly-umptious (as my mum would say!)


well, all in all it was a lovely day, and i couldn't be happier with the deliciousness that i ate - i'm off to bridport again this week actually, and i'm so looking forward to it. especially as i'll be going to visit my brother and sister-in-law afterwards...fun fun fun!

right now i'm off to go and create cookies as part of tamzin's cookie exchange... stay tuned.

ps. i think i may have an addiction to fresh figs ♥

currently listening to: fascination by la roux

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one with a fresh fig addiction, I'm in love with them at the moment! Enjoy making your cookies, I've just recieved mine from Tam :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.