Monday, 11 October 2010

eighty gingerbread bride & groom wedding favors

from time to time i get asked to bake something for an occasion, a birthday cake for 12, cookies for 20, cinnamon rolls for 15, but i've never baked anything for 80 people before! last month i was asked by some friends of mine to make some favours for their wedding, and i was more than happy to oblige!

it was quite a mission. i was asked to create some bride and groom gingerbread men, fully iced and everything! i was so excited to be able to do this for my wonderful friends for their special day, and i love being set such a challenge. after much trial through different gingerbread recipes and icing designs we finally came to an (almost) final pair...


you can find the recipe i used to make these tasty gingerbread wedding favors here! after much trial and tribulation and many different recipes, i can say that this one is the BEST - not too sticky, not too sweet and the perfect amount of spice... and easy to make in a large quantity!


it took 11 hours in total to make and ice and cool and wrap these little brides and grooms, and the couple were really happy with the result. it was tough to transport them without shifting the icing, but we were incredibly careful and they made it to the venue intact (they also served as place names, how smart?!)

so, it was a wonderful experience making these little gingerbread people, and if you're ever in the same situation make sure you have a really awesome soundtrack to listen to!

currently listening to: radio one live online

8 comments:

  1. These wedding favors are TOO cute!! I am glad you linked to your fav recipe bc I definitely want to make gingerbread for this winter. Thanks for sharing, and for such a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just 100% delightful -- and what a sweet gift to be able to give your friends on the beautiful occasion of their wedding!

    Oh, I love the gingerbread man's little tux coat. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable! What a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! My brother found your blog and was so impressed he has asked me to make some for his wedding this summer. While I'd be happy to oblige, I cannot find a decent sized female cutter anywhere. Please could you let me know where you got yours from - or if I could buy yours from you?!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire - Thanks! I actually was lent these by a friend of the bride, so I don't have them still. But they came in a pack with some kids too, so try searching for a pack of 'Gingerbread Family Cutters' instead - there's a couple on ebay which look the same as the ones I used :)

    Let me know how it goes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing! I am truly inspired to make these now! I'd love to see your recipe but can't seem to get the link to work. Please could you let me know where I could find it :)

    Thanks for the tip about using a family cutter set, just wish i had seen this before trawling the internet for cutters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - Where can I get the recipe for this, these are exactly what I am after for my wedding in April!! These are just so simply elegant and fun all at the same time!

    Also - what size cellophane did you use??

    Thanks for helping!

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.