Tuesday, 26 October 2010

blackberry avocado salad and coronation chicken

hello! how are you all? it's been a week since my last post. and in that time i have cooked for 50 people, and been to Cardiff to visit my cousin who goes to uni there. let me just say this: i was a weird uni student. i ate so healthily when i was in halls, i planned my meals and actually ate breakfast. i studied. weird, huh?

anyway, this last week has seen a lot of salad and fruits and veggies. wahoo! i've been craving lots of fresh produce to keep my (very annoying) skin in check - although the recovery rate is quick, i am still breaking out, grr. but, we'll see, it may take a while for it to get back into shape, and i'm trying to be patient!

here's what i've been eating lately:

berry crumble with soya milk and fresh figs for breakfast (i wish i could hit the repeat button and have this every morning)


blackberry avocado salad with bacon, spinach, yellow tulameen raspberries, red pepper and olive bread


sliced apple, cinnamon, almonds and raisins - this makes a great snack!


an almost repeat of the previous salad because it was so good, but this time with courgette and watercress.


my attempt at coronation chicken - not too bad, but still not quite right. although i didn't have half the ingredients needed to make it properly, so i should really give myself some serious snaps.


we served it with roasted veggies, including some of our own allotment beetroot!


porridge with homemade nutella - yes, i know, why? well, unfortunately the recipe was quite dry and unspreadable :(


a quick lemon blackberry version of melinda messenger's cupcakes  - this is now my go-to recipe, as they always rise!


this salad was incredible - chicken and puy lentils with tomatoes, fried red peppers, mixed green salad, parsley and cucumber. wow!


you know how i've been saying i'm kind of at a crossroads in my life. well, i am. i've been here for a few months now. and i don't really know where to go from here, it's driving me crazy. i have a few ideas, but i have NO idea which to choose or how to pick? for now i'm taking things one day at a time, and spending that day being as productive and happy as i can. i'm also trying to stay open to new opportunities, and just generally say 'yes' to things (which goes totally against my natural impulse, so it's tough). well, we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds...

currently listening to: forever young by youth group

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are some seriously tasty eats, that breakfast sounds amazing! Hope things all work out well for you at your cross roads point, I'm whatever happens will all work out for the best in the end x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the same amount of carrots as before but when I took a drink is was so much stronger in flovor that I watered it down. In the same amount of produce I used before I was now able to have a three day supply of my drink. It ended up being a 1 part carrot and 2 parts water combination. My wifes parents own an egg farm in Japan and they also grow their own fruit and vegetables for them selves to eat,(they also deliver us vegetables which are tastier than ANYTHING you can buy at the supermarket We also sell organic called the organic food delivered!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.