Sunday, 9 May 2010

pear and almond torte

this is pure deliciousness. i've been experimenting with this recipe for ages, and i think i've finally found THE ONE. and i couldn't be more happy than to share it with you all, so that the joy of this cake can be shared amongst you all... :)



♥ pear and almond torte
- grease and line a deep cake tin, preheat the oven to 180c
- melt 50g butter (optional), then leave to cool
- whisk together 3 eggs and 100g of unrefined sugar, once frothy add the melted butter
- mix together 75g spelt flour, 50g ground almonds, 1 1/4tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt
- combine the wet and dry ingredients together
- peel, core and slice thinly the two pears
- pour half the batter into the prepared cake tin, cover with half the pear slice
- pour the rest of the batter on top, cover with the rest of the pear slices and sprinkle with some extra ground almonds and a handful of chopped/sliced almonds
- bake until golden, about 45 minutes.

this cake tasted best after a couple of days so that all the flavours mixed together and it got a bit sticky...just perfect!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so delicious! I will be trying this sooooon! Thanks for this awsome blog, I really really love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this recipe! This is sooooo good :) I made it twice now. For the first time with almonds and the second time with hazelnuts and it turned out fantastically :)Instead of the butter I use coconut oil and instead of sugar agave and maple syrup.
    One of my favourite dessert now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thank you, I made it with apples as I just happen to have 3kg to use up ;) making it now for a friend and this time I will use 3 apples and oil instead of butter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥

If you'd like to ask a question anonymously, please check out my Formspring account, or send me an email.