- grease and line a deep cake tin, preheat the oven to 180c
- melt 50g butter (optional), then leave to cool
- whisk together 3 eggs and 100g of unrefined sugar, once frothy add the melted butter
- mix together 75g spelt flour, 50g ground almonds, 1 1/4tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt
- combine the wet and dry ingredients together
- peel, core and slice thinly the two pears
- pour half the batter into the prepared cake tin, cover with half the pear slice
- pour the rest of the batter on top, cover with the rest of the pear slices and sprinkle with some extra ground almonds and a handful of chopped/sliced almonds
- bake until golden, about 45 minutes.
this cake tasted best after a couple of days so that all the flavours mixed together and it got a bit sticky...just perfect!