after not feeling well last week, it's really taken me a long time to recover. although i still don't feel back to my peak energy level, i am feeling brighter and more chirpy! i've even had the chance to cross a few recipes off my 2010 recipes list (more on that to come), but for now i leave you with an ode to bananas - oh how i could not live without them:
♥ cinnamon banana bread - really good, and the perfect freezer snack if you batch bake it, slice it up and pop it in your freezer compartment.
♥ it's a pretty simple recipe too:
- melt 50g butter with 100g honey
- mix together 350g flour (100g ground almonds, 100g spelt flour, 150g whole wheat). a pinch of salt, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1tsp baking powder
- add the melted butter and honey to the dry ingredients
- also add 130ml soya milk, 1tsp vanilla extract and 1 beaten egg
- place in the oven until golden on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (about 45minutes at 180c fan)
- enjoy sliced and toasted with a light spread of butter and a hot cup of tea
♥ bananas make the perfect topping to this week's apple spelt pancakes
♥ banana sliced onto yogurt with raisins, goji berries, linseeds and a drizzle of agave nectar - a perfect dessert or afternoon snack
♥ buckwheat porridge would not be as delicious without it's banana topping
♥ plain sliced bananas with raisins, raw honey and sliced almonds...mmm, isn't nature marvellous?!