and there's still some left, which i think is a good sign for brownies, because that means they are so rich and delicious that i can only manage one heavenly slice at a time.
here's the modified recipe:
- put one large sweet potato in the oven to cook for 45 ish minutes, until soft.
- mix together in a small bowl 1/2 cup ground almonds, 2 heaped dsps cocoa powder, 1/2 cup popped amaranth, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- in a different, larger bowl mix together 1/3 cup agave, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1tsp vanilla extract and 1 egg.
- in another bowl, melt 50g dark chocolate and then mix with the hot sweet potato. then add to the other wet ingredients.
- mix all the ingredients together and then pour into a parchment lined square baking tin. cook at 180c/350f for about half an hour, until firm but still slightly springy on top.
- leave to cool, however tempted you are to actually try them then and there it is always worth waiting for brownies to cool and get all gooey.
then for dinner i had a large bowl of soup (covent garden 'heart warming soup') with some toasted Cranks with soya spread.
i've ordered 4 healthy eating books recently, which i'll hopefully be reviewing shortly. so keep an eye out for those. i'm also trying my hardest to photograph more of what i eat throughout the day, so it's actually more interesting for you all to read!! in the meantime, please let me know what sort of things you'd like to see on this blog, i know that there are more and more of you that are reading it.
thank you lovely readers, have a great day! and please let me know if you try making these brownies!